Retail technology leader showcases enhanced workflows, new AI virtual assistant, and thought leadership to navigate continuous industry change
AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–There’s no shortage of news in the automotive industry about vehicle affordability, high interest rates, confusion about electric vehicles, and a lack of used car inventory. But there is one headline that rises to the top: consumers are struggling with the automotive sales and service experience. Customers are feeling it, and dealers know it. At the 2024 National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) Show in Las Vegas, attendees seeking holistic technology solutions that elevate the dealership journey won’t have to search any further than
To help dealerships adapt and succeed in today’s marketplace, CDK recently brought to market the CDK Dealership Xperience, an open and integrated platform that transforms how dealers sell and service cars and operate their businesses simply in a modern and digital world. In the CDK booth this year, the company will offer product demonstrations of the Dealership Xperience that includes additional innovations since launch, as well as share industry thought leadership during live expert discussions and market research unveilings.
“Dealers experienced steady sales and business growth moving into the new year, yet we’re still hearing from dealers and consumers that there is a significant need to bring people, processes and technology together to deliver exceptional retail experiences,” said Brian MacDonald, president and chief executive officer, CDK. “At this year’s NADA Show, CDK is showcasing how we’re turning this feedback into action, and leveraging our experience and ability to scale to deliver solutions and services dealerships need to adapt to continuous change in the market and succeed in a space with increasing consumer demands.”
Seamless Experiences Through a New Category of Software
Introduced in August 2023, the Dealership Xperience drives digital transformation for auto retailers by unifying workflows across the dealership for increased operational productivity and enhanced consumer experiences. The new platform reflects the company’s belief and investment in the dealer model, and is now available to dealers in the U.S. with its Foundations Suite being implemented at no charge for existing customers.
At the show, dealers can experience the continuous innovation of CDK workflows within the Dealership Xperience, including:
- Enhanced Accounting Workflows—Dealers receive more control and precision to grow their businesses with greater efficiency with eight workflow updates, including vendor management, payment register, accounts payable invoicing, on-demand payments, and purchase orders.
- Easier and Faster Modern Retail Experience—The consumer buying and selling journey becomes effortless with the Modern Retail Experience, where dealers can offer an omnichannel storefront through CDK’s digital retailing, improve F&I wait times through e-Contracting and e-Sign, and utilize intelligent reporting in their business operations.
- Service Scheduling Enhancements—Service appointment scheduling includes a bird’s eye view into the service shop capacity windows, with customization by technician availability, customer transportation requests and appointment recommendations.
To date, more than 500 dealer partners have already signed up for the proven, built-in functionality of unified workflows under a single experience, and many are also taking advantage of the platform’s advanced solutions—including the Modern Retail Suite, Fixed Operations Suite and Intelligence Suite—that expands dealers’ business potential, accelerates performance and further enhances the consumer experience.
Tackling Real-World Challenges with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Intelligence Suite
For years, CDK customers have leveraged AI-powered features to help better engage with consumers and better operate their businesses. For example, predictive modeling has created visibility into a customer’s propensity to buy based on their specific purchase cycles, and machine learning has helped anticipate potential vehicle service opportunities.
At the show, CDK will showcase additional AI features within the Dealership Xperience platform to help further drive improved business results:
- Introducing AIVA—AIVA is the new AI Virtual Assistant from CDK aimed at improving dealer performance and the overall dealership experience. AIVA answers phone calls and responds to text messages and emails in 52 languages. It also provides consumers with hyper-personalized, human-like engagement with the sales and service departments; 24/7 responsiveness; sophisticated conversational lead handling; consistent long-term follow-up; and automatic appointment scheduling.
- Intelligence Suite Analytics—Dealers now have full access to the Intelligence Suite, an AI-driven analytics tool to help optimize business performance and make profitable decisions across their service, sales and finance departments. Advanced analytics include enterprise-wide, detailed and configurable reports with competitive benchmarks, goal management and AI-driven predictive forecasts—saving dealers time and preparing them for the future.
Valuable Insights from Top Experts in Automotive Retail
CDK is a valuable partner at the center of the automotive retail ecosystem that connects dealers, OEMs and consumers. At the show, CDK experts, dealers and other industry influencers will discuss retail trends and share key insights on how dealerships can improve their operations and better serve consumers.
- CDK LIVE Industry Discussions—CDK will again host exciting multi-day CDK LIVE presentations in its booth where attendees will gain valuable insights from industry experts on trends impacting the automotive retail landscape. Topics include “The State of the Automotive Retail Industry,” “Has the EV Transition Really Stalled?”, “The F&I Office and Trust at the Dealership,” and more. For the full lineup and to view recordings after the show, visit cdkglobal.com/nada2024.
- Electric Vehicle Workshops at NADA—Growing electric vehicle interest and adoption is beginning to redefine service and parts departments with new EV standards and safety training required for all dealership staff. To prepare for a new electric world, CDK will host “EVs: The Future of the Service Bay” in partnership with ASE Education Foundation on Feb. 1 in Room W317 and on Feb. 2 in Room W212.
- Market Research Insights—CDK will introduce two annual market research studies that provide powerful insights into the consumer shopping and service journeys. The Friction Points report will uncover lingering issues that can negatively impact customer purchases at the dealership, and the Service Shopper 3.0 report pinpoints the top vehicle services customers are requesting, where they are receiving auto services, and potential areas for dealer business growth.
For more information on CDK at NADA Show 2024, visit cdkglobal.com/nada2024.
About CDK Global, LLC.
CDK Global is a leading provider of cloud-based software to dealerships and Original Equipment Manufacturers (“OEMs”) across automotive and related industries. The Company’s cloud-based, software as a service (“SaaS”) platform enables dealerships to manage their end-to-end business operations including the acquisition, sale, financing, insuring, repair, and maintenance of vehicles. By automating and streamlining critical workflows, the integrated platform of modern solutions enables dealers to sell and service more vehicles by creating simple and convenient experiences for customers and improves their financial and operational performance.