SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#AutomotiveAftermarket–Automotive head display or HUD is a technical device featuring transparent screen that displays vital information including car speed, date & time, navigation direction, distance travelled, etc. directly in line of sigh of the driver. A head-up display is typically used to provide safety comfort as well as entertainment needs to the driver. It also reduces chances of distraction by providing vital information to the driver. This information is displayed either on windshield or a separate screen is installed by car manufacturers. Various luxury segment cars such as Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, Audi A7, BMW 7 series, and more feature head-up display.
The global automotive HUD market is estimated to account for US$ 466.2 million in terms of value and 8,143.6 Thousand units in terms of volume by the end of 2019.
Request your Sample copy @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/2795
1. Increasing road accidents worldwide to drive the global automotive HUD market
A large pool of population around the world suffer road accidents, which leads to injuries, disabilities, and in worse case death. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2018, annually around 1.35 million people die due to road accidents. According to the same reports, cyclists, pedestrians, and riders of motorized two- and three-wheelers are more susceptible. Automotive HUD projects key information direct in front of the driver, which reduces the chances of distractions and thereby reducing chances of accidents.
2. Increasing demand for high-end luxury cars to drive the global automotive HUD market
There has been surge in demand for high-end luxury segment cars, owing to growing urbanization and increasing purchasing power of consumers. Automotive HUD system is typically installed in luxury and sports segment cars, which has witness significant demand in the recent past. Thus, growing demand for high-end luxury cars is expected to drive the market growth.
High cost of advanced head-up displays is expected to restrain growth of the global automotive HUD market
Head-up displays require cutting-edge technology to implement, naturally, increasing the initial cost. Thus, it is typically installed in sports and luxury cars. High cost of aforementioned car segments to restrain growth of the global automotive HUD market.
- The global automotive HUD market is projected to witness CAGR of 23.1% during the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for connected vehicles and increasing demand for the in-vehicle experience are major driving factor for this market.
- Windshield HUD segment is expected to be the largest in 2018 and is expected to account for 61.6% share in terms of value. The major OEMs has started providing windshield HUDs as optional features in their mid-price and luxury vehicle segments which is driving the market for windshield HUDs in global market place. However, the high price of windshield HUDs can be one of the restraining factor for the growth of windshield automotive HUD market.
- Among passenger car type, the luxury vehicle segment held dominant position in the market in 2018, and is expected to retain its dominance during the forecast period. The luxury vehicles are early adopters of advanced technologies such as head-up displays owing to this the segment contributes 42.2% share in 2018.
1. Key companies are introducing motorcycle windshield HUD
Market players are focusing on introducing HUD for motorcycles as well. The key information including speed, navigation, etc. is expected to be displayed onto the windshield of the bike. Various tech giants such as Samsung have showcased their prototype for high-end motorcycles.
2. Motorcycle Helmet HUD
Along with motorcycle windshield HUD, manufacturers are focused on introducing HUD system in the helmet. The key information is expected to be displayed directly on visor with safe focus for rider to enhance safety for riders.
Key players operating in the global automotive HUD market are Continental AG, Delphi Automotive LLP, Denso Corporation, JOHNSON CONTROLS, MicroVision, Inc., Nippon Seiki Co. Ltd., Robert Bosch GmbH, YAZAKI Corporation, Visteon Corporation, and Harman International Industries Inc.
- In October 2017, Desna Corporation innovated thin-film (TFT), liquid crystal head-up display to project vital driving information onto windshield of drivers
- In January 2017, Visteon Corporation demonstrated its latest advancement in head-up display technology at CES 2017 in Las Vegas, January 5-8
Buy this Report (Single User License) @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/2795
1. By Region
- North America
- Western Europe
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
2. By Product Type
3. By Passenger Car Type
- Sports Utility Vehicle
- Sports Car
4. By Sales Channel
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEMs)
Mr. Raj Shah
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98154