The CSR Report demonstrates Werner’s commitment to conducting business in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. By publishing this report, the company aims to reinforce its principles and practices in areas such as sustainability, community engagement and associate well-being.
“As I lead Werner into its 68th year in business, it’s rewarding to look back at our evolution as an organization and the tremendous progress we have made. I am excited about our future opportunities and the direction we are headed as a leader in the transportation and logistics industry,” said Werner’s Chairman, President and CEO, Derek Leathers. “This report showcases the tangible outcomes of our efforts and demonstrates to all our stakeholders a long-lasting commitment to sustainability.”
In 2023, Werner achieved the following milestones:
- Named a Lead Independent Director on its Board of Directors,
- Doubled its training hours devoted to human trafficking awareness and prevention for its professional drivers and it has extended this training to all its office associates,
- Doubled its Blue Brigade volunteer hours, contributing more than 3,300 total associate volunteer hours this year.
In addition, the company is in the process of finalizing its Supplier Diversity Program, which will be completed by the end of 2023, and it launched an employee engagement survey, for which its goal is to improve the company’s employee retention and recruitment efforts.
New Forward-Looking Goals Established in this Update:
- By 2025, create a new tiered recognition program for customers and vendors to be involved in driving human trafficking awareness and prevention.
- By 2025, develop a Sustainable Procurement program and metrics as part of its Supplier Diversity Program.
- By 2025, increase transparency in Werner’s policies around human rights and supplier standards and perform an audit on our ESG reporting process at least every three years.
- By 2028, invest 2.5 million training hours to nurture associates’ professional skills and support their career progression.
With the publication of this report, Werner provides stakeholders with a comprehensive overview of its ESG-related efforts, inclusive of progress to goals. Werner is fully committed to communicating the company’s commitment to driving positive change as a responsible corporate citizen. To access Werner’s full CSR report, visit here.
About Werner Enterprises
Werner Enterprises, Inc. (Nasdaq: WERN) delivers superior truckload transportation and logistics services to customers across the United States, Mexico and Canada. With 2022 revenues of $3.3 billion, an industry-leading modern truck and trailer fleet, nearly 14,000 talented associates and our innovative Werner EDGE technology, we are an essential solutions provider for customers who value the integrity of their supply chain and require safe and exceptional on-time service. Werner provides Dedicated and One-Way Truckload services as well as Logistics services that include truckload brokerage, freight management, intermodal and final mile. As an industry leader, Werner is deeply committed to promoting sustainability and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jill Samuelson, Associate Vice President – Marketing and Communications
Werner Enterprises, Inc.
(D) 402.819.5319 | (C) 402.319.8213